Monday, September 29, 2014

Palmer writes that we are trained to “think the world apart,” dissecting it into either-ors, but we need to learn to “think the world together,” embracing opposites and appreciating paradoxes.
The principle of paradox can guide us in thinking about classroom dynamics—and in designing a teaching and learning space that can hold the community of truth.

In what ways have you experienced “suffering” as a student teacher?

The way that I have experienced “suffering “ as a student teacher is when the students are so disrespectful with us  because they think that we can’t teach them anything. Also sometimes I don’t have time to prepare classes because I am so busy with the subjects in my major and the students get bored and I feel frustrated in those moments. Another complication that I have in classes is when the students don’t pay attention and they are working in other subjects because English doesn’t care them or simply don’t like the students teacher that is front of the classroom. It’s very frustrating because we have been studying so much, but students just judge us even if we put a lot effort they don’t care.

Has your suffering had any redemptive quality to it; that is, has it made you heart larger?

I have learnt that teaching is the major that I choose and no matter what or how much I had suffer I don’t want that my students suffer and my gold as teacher is that I want to be nice with them and teach them everything that I know. I know that sometimes I am going to find some bad students but doesn’t matter I would not want to become in an evil teacher.

 What would help you deepen the redemptive quality of the suffering your experience in your work?
I believe that would help me to deep the redemptive of my suffering in my work in many ways because I am not going to be surprise when those similar situations come to my life again. Also if I have through for  any kind of suffering and I succeed I know it that I will do it again in the future.

Name some of your key gifts or strengths as a teacher:
·         Friendly
·         Responsible
·         Creative
·         Punctual
·         Respectful
·         

 Now name a struggle or difficulty you commonly have in teaching.

  Nervous
  Shy
  Insecure

How do you understand the relation between your profile of giftedness and the kind of trouble you typically get into in the classroom?
I understand that my gifts can help me to overcome some problems that could appear in the classroom because I could take advantage of them, because the problems appear by the incompetence that I have and I have to do something to change that and be capable to be a good teacher.

 
Describe a moment in teaching when things went so well you knew you were “born to teach” and compare it to a moment in which things went so poorly you wished you had never been born! Name the gifts that made this good moment possible—not the techniques you used or the moves you made, but your qualities.
 
I have Had a lot of good moments while I am teaching, but  the best moments that I could remember are when the students understand the topic and I see that their face lit up and I feel that I born to teach because when I see their happiness I feel happy, too.

I have had some classes that I feel so frustrated because the students don’t understand and I try to explained the topic and they don’t understand anyways and I feel so angry with myself and then I think that I have to teach for so many years and I feel so depressed and sad and in those moments I think that I should have chosen other major.


Palmer discusses six paradoxes of pedagogical design (pp.73-83). Choose one to focus on.  Share examples of teaching environments you have experienced where this paradox is honored. 
Have you ever been in a classroom where only half of the paradox was honored while the other half was ignored? Describe what that classroom was like.

3. the space should invite the voice of the individual and the voice of the group: I choose this paradox because It is really going on in my practice.
 I have been in a classroom where the paradox was honored while the other part was ignored. In my teaching practicum I had lot students and the arranged of the desks only benefits the students that are in front of the class and the others almost didn’t heard anything.
The classroom is big but the arrange of the desk is in rows between the rows are space but while I am explaining is too difficult to move me from the front of the class until the last students, so those students I don’t give them the attention that they deserve.

 How can I get up in the morning?
I sometimes got up tired because I have a lot of work and I always thinking in everything that I have to accomplish; Even though, I try to be happy and do the things in the best way possible.

 How can I become a good teacher?
I can become a good teacher if I research and study the information in order to have a good idea and have the enough knowledge to transmit it to others.
 Are the questions you are now living the ones you want to live?
Yes they are because they are the center of being a good teacher and a good form to remember why I become a teacher.

How might you hold these questions at the center of your attention?

Asking me everyday these questions and giving them answers in order not forget what I want to reach every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment