Friday, September 12, 2014

Why do I want to become a teacher?
 I want to become a teacher because I like to help students to learn something new, I also like to socialize with the students; besides, I feel really proud when my students succeed in their lives and they become good people.
My intrinsic motivation is that I want to have a good job to help my family, but I am not studying only for that reason I like to teach and I like to prove myself that I can overcome my weaknesses and I am going to keep  learning new things because when learning English there are always new words, topics and history to learn.


What do I stand for as a student teacher? 
I stand that I am a student  teacher because I am learning to teach and I get feedback from my tutors and I try to improve the things that I do wrong, also I am discovering my own style of teaching and I learnt from my classmates and my teacher because I observe them even thought I am still studying, I am putting into practice all that I have learnt.


 What do I want my legacy as a teacher to be?
I want that my students remember me not only just a good teacher but also a good model because I believe that teachers guide the students and help them to take good decisions in life. Also teach good values in order to motivate them to work on building a good future.


What can I do to keep track of myself, to “remember” my own heart?
 I think that I can keep track of myself if  I don’t  forget that students are human beings and they have feelings and emotions and I  will try to know each student not only in the academic area but also what they think about other things because in that way I going to know them in a better way because I want that they feel comfortable in learning.
I could remember my own heart If I keep in mind why I want to become a teacher and the first feelings that I had when I started teaching.


When did you first realize that you wanted to be a teacher?
I realized  that I wanted to be a teacher when  I was in high school because I took an intensive course of English and I discover that I liked English, but at that time I did not know that I liked to teach, but then I have the opportunity to teach in an academy and I discovered  that I can be a very good teacher, so I decided to study this major in the university and to learn more about how to be a good teacher.


What were the circumstances of this realization?
The circumstances were very simple I had the opportunity to get involved in teaching and I found out that I like it and I could develop and perform the role of a teacher.


How close are you to those feelings today?
I sometimes feel a little disappointed because I have looked that now days teachers don’t care about  students and they just do their work but they don’t like to do it or they don’t care them, but then I remember that I want to change that and I will have the opportunity to do it with every group of students that I teach.


No comments:

Post a Comment